Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Marriage Changes Things


Before all of you women get up in arms about the title let me start by saying that I am happily married and that I love and adore my wife. That being said we have changed quite a bit since we met 10 years ago this coming New Years Eve. We were having a conversation about some home improvements and I had a epiphany, the things that once got us excited have been replaced by things parents get fired up over. From this gorgeous loving woman that I used to chase around the kitchen, tackle in the living room, and kiss passionately for no other reason other than she was there. She looked at me with a straight face and said we should get some "really cool door knobs, That can be our thing!" What the fuck!! Before we got married we were going to the ends of the earth to see the 7 wonders of the world, we were going to climb mount everest, and winter in Tahiti. We were going to make love in the French Riviera. Now married 4 years our thing is Door Knobs. Door Knobs, DOOR FUCKING KNOBS!!! How old are we? There needs to be an intervention. Oh Jesus whats next matching bowling shirts, we will start being bridge partners, oh Lord not Bingo! You see what the American Dream does it makes you boring, makes you old. Bottomline fellas Marriage changes things!

No comments: